Blackbird Digital is seeking a full-time Junior WordPress Web Developer local to the Cleveland/Willoughby, OH area to join our collaborative team environment.
Candidates should be comfortable with using WordPress and have demonstrable web development skills.
Please provide a portfolio website or examples of previous work to be considered.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud apps
- Knowledge of responsive design techniques and their implementation
- Use of code version control tools (git)
- Help build functional, responsive custom WordPress websites using PHP/HTML/CSS/JS from a designed layout in Adobe XD
- Maintain current clients’ websites (WordPress core and plugin updates, bug fixes, etc.)
- Use and help improve our internal base theme toolkit
- Create and edit websites and email campaigns for client inbound marketing
- Use WordPress coding standards and best practices
- WordPress custom theme and/or plugin development experience
- Comfortable with the command line
- Good eye for design, and the ability to extrapolate from a static design to create animated or interactive elements
- Familiarity with Bootstrap CSS framework, preferably Bootstrap 4
- Understanding of CSS pre-processors (Sass, LESS)
- Awareness of workflow automation scripts such as Gulp/Grunt
- Clean, well-formatted coding practices, and a willingness to follow our standards for smooth collaboration
Heath/Dental Insurance, Simple IRA, Paid Vacation
Please send cover letter, resume and link to your portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org